- Written by Super User
The Durban Business Fair is the premier and comprehensive business exhibition proudly hosted by eThekwini Municipality. The success of the Fair has resulted in its extension to the townships, rural areas, and secondary central business district. The Fair is one of various innovative programmes hosted by the City’s Business Support, Tourism and Markets Unit to ensure that SMMEs remain an active part of the City’s economy.
Since its inception 13 years ago as the SMME Fair, the Durban Business Fair offers businesses from different sectors and various government departments and agencies, non-governmental organisations and education institutions a strategic platform to showcase their innovative products and services.
It is the City’s Business Support, Tourism and Markets Unit’s mandate to provide business support to all types of legal businesses operating within eThekwini region thus ensuring economic vitality and growth. The Durban Business Week is hosted annually to ensure that SMMEs and the broader business community are exposed and are able to interact with clients in a conducive environment.
- To affirm the eThekwini Municipality’s commitment to promote and develop SMMEs and the broader business community.
- To showcase high quality goods and services produced by SMMEs in eThekwini region.
- To build a common understanding on issues affecting business operations e.g. acquisition of finance, financial management, information on procurement opportunities, etc. through a conference, business couching and speakers’ corner.
- To inform SMMEs on strategies, developments, programmes and any other opportunity that exists for their support.
- To provide information on opportunities available for to SMMEs in the corporate sector, parastatals, and government.
- To showcase various departments within eThekwini Municipality which are of assistance to SMMEs and the general public.
- To provide a networking platform for all exhibitors including international and the people visiting.To ensure that over and above exhibiting and doing business, the exhibitors are able to establish strong sustainable business linkages with other well established companies.
To create a conducive environment for the Durban business community to promote its services and products thus achieve sustainable business growth.
To promote and position Durban as the ultimate South African and international business hub
Venue : Durban Exhibition Centre
Date : 18 - 19 September 2012 (Conference) and 21 – 24 September 2012 (Exhibition)